Still Exploring! And eating! And more eating!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées
September 29th 2015
Published: September 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We have been traveling around to many medieval villages, often "bastides," which are villages set in a grid plan with a central square. The square is surrounded by a walkway with arcades that offer shops and usually a few cafes.

On our way to Peyrusse-le-Roc, we stopped to shop at a small open air market in Concot. One gentleman was selling chickens, uncooked as well as rotisserie cooked. As you can see in the picture, he nicely tucked the head along side of the chicken so nothing was wasted. Sandra selected a rotisserie chicken for us for dinner but he said he would remove the head. He did but tucked it in with the rest of the chicken! That was our little surprise when we arrived home and unwrapped it.?We also visited twin towers in the area as well as the village of Conque. The next day we happily returned to St. Cirq Lapopie so that Sandra could enjoy this amazing village built upon a rock cliff. We also fulfilled our shopping fix need... Quaint little shops with unique jewelry, scarves, etc. We also enjoyed a wonderful lunch in a great people watching location at an outdoor cafe.

The next day, we visited a castle in Bonaguil on top of a hill... Of course, they are always on top of a hill for defense. We first lunched at a cafe at the foot of the hill that was next to a lovely pasture of horses. Three courses as usual. I continue to vow I won't have dessert but then...

The next day, we traveled to Najac and Cordes-sue-Ceil. The last involved a lot of up and down with small shops tucked into the narrow streets. Sandra found some sweet, painted bowls in beautiful colors.

Hope you can see all the pictures. They seem to be hidden on this blog at the very bottom after you poke on "more" of the text. Now to another new day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Twin TowersTwin Towers
Twin Towers

Cameron climbed up to ladders but which were definitely not OSHA approved.


Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb