Millau to Chalon sur Savone


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées
July 7th 2011
Published: July 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We made a few more miles to get where we want to go and that is deep into Germany to visit Friends. People we met years ago in Greece. We made our own breakfast this morning. We had things with us on the room and we also liked to leave early. After the experience we had yesterday we think it was better to leave on time. Just after 8 o'clock we drove out of Millau and onto a beautiful scenic road. We asked the Tom Tom not to go on Toll roads. Now we were on this magnificent road that we thought it made a mistake. We reset the Tom Tom twice with the same result. We stayed on this road for 260 kilometres, it was all fenced of and looked like a toll road. Well, in the end Tom was right, it was not a toll road, and we really enjoyed this road and the scenery it took us through. Not that much traffic either. At lunchtime, it was already 1.30 p.m. we landed in a small lovely place, called Saint Pourcain Sur Sioule. We know it is a mouth full and don,t ask us to pronounce it, no hope of doing that. A small Brassiere dished up an absolutely beautiful omelette filled with bacon and a salad on the site. That went extra well even the salad went. Just another 120 kilometres to go made us arrive early in Chalon sur Savone. That was good for we had a real problem finding the place. Our friend Tom never heard of the street we pounced in. We were taken to a street close by, so the best next thing is for Liz to go out and ask. She is very good at that. Of course she meets up with a none English speaking Lady in a shop but some other customers there could speak some of our lovely language and gave direction. As it is there are two hotels with the same name close together and you guessed it we landed at the wrong one. For that we had to do a few against the law very dangerous U-turns not recommended in France or any other country for that matter. Anyway it took us out of a nasty situation of moving right into town, that is the last thing we wanted. The room was okay apart that we are back in the bath tub for a shower, as well as the curtain, but it is just for the night. This bath tub is very small and has a step in it, the room to stand is tiny. I was very happy to get out in one piece and so we can continue with our holiday. We will meet you again later with another story. Bye for now Liz & Allan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb