Spain Day Two


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Tarbes
December 27th 2018
Published: December 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Decent night's sleep, if a bit chilly because we didn't keep the heat on overnight!

Very pleasant stopover, but only 2hrs of electricity was included in the 10€ admission, so we just used that for the oven chips and a bit of battery top-up.

But good to hear birds singing in the morning - except that their idea of "morning" was about 04.00! Reminded me of ATC Camps, and a certain Sqn Ldr who'd say to the cadets on arrival, "This week, you will learn that there are two 5.30's in a day! (you know who you are GR)

Next time we woke up, it was a slightly more civilised hour.

Light breakfast, then topped up the water etc, and set off about 10.30. Having decided not to drive in the dark unless we had to, we changed the SatNag to "allow tolls," which cost us 35€ during the day, but got us a lot further in daylight.

Turkey butties for lunch - some things just have to be done at this time of year!

Still stopped a bit short of our original plan, as we found an aire at the (surprisingly big) town of Olorone Sainte Marie, in the foothills of the Pyrenees. Looks quite peaceful, but charges for water and electricity are on the old fashioned system of walking back into town to buy a 4€ "jeton" from the tourist office. Since it would only give us EITHER 15 mins of water, OR 55 mins of electricity, we decided to do without.

Trip meter tonight reads 542km, so we've done 333 today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb