Spain 2019 Day Three


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Aragon » Jaca
December 28th 2018
Published: December 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Peaceful night's sleep, a bit less chilly too! Had some issues with the battery in the morning, so had to make do with washes instead of showers. Probably need to make sure we have mains power whenever possible at this time of year.

Found a supermarket on the way out to pick up a few bits, then headed for the hills! Only this time, instead of going over them, we went UNDER, via the Somport Tunnel. Which made it a much less stressful trip than some of our mountain ones! The change in the weather as we emerged was dramatic - completely clear blue sky, and warm(ish) sunshine.

We'd deliberately planned only a short drive for today, as we didn't know how the tunnel would be (or even if it would be open!). Our destination was the Camperstop at Jaca, but since there was no electricity available there at this time of year, we went to the nearby campsite instead.

Once set up, we took a walk into town, and were SO glad we did. A lovely walk round the edge of the town, with gorgeous views of the valley and the mountains beyond, and a beautiful old town centre with narrow streets, cafés and restaurants. In one of the municipal buildings, there was a miniature Nativity scene set up, with the stable just outside a village (Bethlehem).

Back to the site late afternoon, and made another "leftovers" meal, turning the parsnips, carrots, chestnuts and "pigs-in-blankets" into a (Spanish?) omelette!

Bit of an issue later, as the people with the caravan next door came back, and had been in the habit of parking their car on our pitch! Since I'd had a couple of drinks by then, I very apologetically explained that No, I wouldn't be moving the van in the dark to another pitch!

Trip meter reading 623 now, so only 81km done today - think we WALKED further than that!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb