What can I say but “it rained”


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Auch
September 9th 2017
Published: September 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Woken in the night by the sound of acorns pinging down onto the roof of a nearby chalet. Woken next by the unwanted but expected sound of rain on Tandy’s roof.

Exactly as forecast it rained almost all day. Every now and then we got a lull so dived outside to stretch our legs and managed to fit this in well between the heavy showers.

Even managed a walk round the campsite lake which is an astonishingly lovely spot, the other side of the lake being quite secluded and ‘back to nature’ while our side has the pool, swimming and canoe lake and the bar/ restaurant.

We didn’t use the pool. Second time the rain stopped I wandered down to it and considered reading on a lounger instead of stuck inside Tandy as the sun was out and on the pool. That thought vanished as the sun did and really too chilly without the sun to sit outside even when not raining.

Did take advantage of the bar and had a quick drink while the chilli con carne was simmering on the cooker.

So done “not a lot today” though Bob has now planned our route tomorrow, over the edge of the Pyrenees to hopefully, a sunnier spot.

At least we have spent this wet day in a rather lovely spot with a view to the lake on one side and some pretty cattle to the other. Having checked the meteo.france weather map it seems that 95% of France has been well rained on today so we are not alone



Have squashed the photos as I had to do yesterday as, though the wifi is free each ticket is restricted to 1gb of data. On a phone, not a problem but a laptop eats megabytes for dinner and yesterday's ticket ran out mid load and had to ask for more today, especially as are Tandy housebound..


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb