Rouen and Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy
March 18th 2011
Published: March 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

La Cathedrale de RouenLa Cathedrale de RouenLa Cathedrale de Rouen

...and then there were 7 with Pauline in our group!
Today we got up early and drove to Rouen. This town is famous for the cathedral that Claude Monet painted repeatedly, studying the effect of light on the facade. He lived in an appartment above the tourist office, directly facing the cathedral. Jeanne d'Arc was burned at the stake here and there is a modern cathedral built on the site. Pauline Collomp and her mom met us at the cathedral. Pauline was a French exchange student to NSB last school year. We were excited to have a visit with Pauline, this time in her town.

Back in Paris, we went to the Louvre museum and saw Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, Venus de Milo and a lot of paintings, sculptures and Egyptian art. This is the largest museum in the world so we're going to have to come back to Paris to see the rest of it.

We will be home tomorrow. We land in Orlando at 5:15pm, coming from Newark on Continental flight #57. We are tired. We are happy. We have new friends. It's been a fantastic spring break. Thanks for following us. See you tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Le Musee du LouvreLe Musee du Louvre
Le Musee du Louvre

....from inside the pyramid
Avec FrancyAvec Francy
Avec Francy

...dans le metro


Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb