Snow!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy
December 27th 2005
Published: December 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Cottage snowCottage snowCottage snow

A morning surprise at the cottage.
Today the schedule was shorter so we slept in a bit to discover a dusting of snow at the cottage. It was very pretty. There’s a photo of the master chef cooking up some pancakes for breakfast.

Our final destination in Normandy was the Caen Peace Museum. It was an excellent museum with a good mix of films and displays. We especially enjoyed the films about the Battle of Britain, D-Day and the Normandy campaign. There was an interesting new exhibit with letters home from soldiers from both sides of the Normandy conflict. It was interesting to read the German soldiers’ letters and see their view of the landings.

We were in need of a light dinner before heading back to the cottage. We walked a bit and a couple of us grabbed a few paninis, then we immediately stumbled upon a Subway which a couple more of us hit, then we turned the corner to find a McDonalds to satisfy the remainder. It was a buffet of food to go!

The drive home was a bit entertaining with the snow (they don’t get much here in Normandy). Now we’re packing up and getting ready for our move
The master French chefThe master French chefThe master French chef

How many pancakes for you?
to Paris.

Normandy Summary: What we’ll miss most: Will: Normandy and the D-Day stuff; Steve: the cottage; Diana: the bunkers and the cottage; Mark: the D-Day sights; Deb: the cottage, our evening fires, and a TV free week; Mike: the beaches. We’re sad to leave Normandy but excited to see Paris!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Caen Peace MuseumCaen Peace Museum
Caen Peace Museum

A very worthwhile visit.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb