Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 28th 2005
Published: December 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Our new homeOur new homeOur new home

The view from our Marriott time share unit.
We got up early to leave our cottage and head to Paris and again to find some snow falling. It made for a treacherous first 45 minutes of our drive, but then we left the snow. We were happy to reach the Marriott vacation club near Disneyland Paris and able to get into our room. The modern unit was a marked change from the quaint cottage! Our unit is a two bedroom townhome on two floors with two and a half baths. They look new and although more "American" have French furnishings. We regrouped and headed to the Disney property and the train station to go into Paris.

After parking at the Disney village, we couldn’t pass up lunch at Planet Hollywood before taking the train. After lunch and a 40 min train ride, we exited the train station to find the Eiffel tower in front of us. After admiring the view, we went to see about going up in the tower, but even with the cold weather, the wait was rather long and decided to move on to the Arc de Triomphe.

The 284 steps to the top got our legs warmed up and we enjoyed the view
Dining at the Disney VillageDining at the Disney VillageDining at the Disney Village

A familiar site - Planet Hollywood.
from the top. We had a good view of the Eiffel tower, now sporting some lights in the darkening sky, as well as the Champs Elysees well lit with Christmas lights.

From there, it was to Angelina’s for some rich, thick, hot chocolate. We all enjoyed it immensely and were now stoked up for a short visit to the Louvre. With the young kids and already a long day, we knew we couldn’t see much there. We did see the major sites like the Mona Lisa, Winged Victory, Venus de Milo, etc. We were disappointed that the Mesopotamia area was closed as we wanted to see some items there, including the Code of Hammurabi.

We managed to get the right train back to our car and head back to the Marriott for some well deserved rest!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

La Tour EiffelLa Tour Eiffel
La Tour Eiffel

And for once, Debbie isn't taking the picture!
Lights on the Eiffel TowerLights on the Eiffel Tower
Lights on the Eiffel Tower

From the top of the Arc de Triomphe.


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb