Courier Life


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy
August 4th 2005
Published: August 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello again guys,

Been a while since we checked in but not a whole lot has happened since! Approaching the end of our season here already , only about 7 weeks left which is hard to believe.

We are busy working away, flat out really (just in case the boss reads this!) Weekends are the busiest with all the arrivals and departures with the kids club on weekdays.

We have done a little more travelling since, we hired a car and drove down along the coast. Went to some beautiful places, Concarneau, Pont Aven and Fouesnant were the best - see photos below. Really pretty old French villages and towns with the narrow streets, etc.

We also had Courier Christmas here on the 25th June. All the couriers just had a meal together, got presents for our secret Santa and went on the beer for the evening!! Had another p*ss up (I know - theres a theme emerging here!!) for Bastille Day, all of us had a BBQ down on the field where most of the courier tents are (we have a mobile home, thankfully, so the rest of them consider us flash ha ha!!) One of the lads made a slide on the slope in the field using tent ground sheets, washing up liquid and water! Hours of drunken fun was had by all and most of us could barely walk the following day!!

Thats about all we have at the moment I think. I have attached pictures of us in our uniforms for your amusement and check out my rig (silver pedal powered machine with trailer) - not as good as the Lancruiser and trailer but it gets me to the shop and back ha ha!!!

Take it easy everybody and keep your comments coming.

A Bientot

Colin and Gemma


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



4th August 2005

Haha
Love the uniforms haha! Do ya bring that cart everywhere with ya ppfff?
5th August 2005

Rig!!!
Are ye driving the rig to Italy?? Gemma will surely fit in the trailer!!!
10th August 2005

cool dudes
u look great, glad to hear ur having fun,whats actually in the rig??? We r gearing up for donals 21st wish u were here, will send photos.
11th August 2005

Reply to Mum, Kilkenny
thats our food shopping. Its a great ould trailer!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb