On the road!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 6th 2005
Published: October 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Wedding - ItalyWedding - ItalyWedding - Italy

High fashion!
Hello again,

Its been a couple of months since our last entry so we have some catching up to do. Since France we have been to .... (Breath In)... Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Rep, Holland, Finland and now we are in Thailand .. (Phew).
Italy - the wedding was amazing, it was a wonderful week in a beautiful setting.
Florence was out of this world if you ever get the chance its worth the trip, the picture with Gemma is from the roof of the Duomo overlooking the city.

We toured Eastern Europe going through, Zagreb, Budapest (picture of Heros Square attached), Bratislava, Prague, then on to Amsterdam (I have never seen so many bikes in the same place - see attched photo!) and Helsinki (a personal favourite, the have a bar with tractors!!! Sorry but I'm still a bit of a farmer I suppose! For those of you interested that there is a 1956 Zetor.....give me back the keyboard!!.........Yawn! Bless him; do you see what I put up with!) before going to Bangkok.

All of these cities are fantastic most notably Budapest and Prague. All of them are worth a visit and two if you have
Duomo RoofDuomo RoofDuomo Roof

View from the Duomo roof in Florence
the time.

Bangkok was a bit of a culture shock - its a crazy city, its like it was air dropped here, everything is all over the place. It is cool though there's a great vibe on the Khao San Rd where we are staying and the temples in and around (see attached pic of Ayuthaya) are so beautiful and serene.

We are heading to the north of Thailand next and then a few days to relax on Ko Samet island.

Talk again soon and feel free to send your comments.
Bye for now
Colin and Gemma


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Heros SqHeros Sq
Heros Sq

Hero's Square - Budapest
AmsterdamAmsterdam
Amsterdam

Anyone see my bike??
Zetor BarZetor Bar
Zetor Bar

Yes folks that is a tractor in a bar!! I found a new theme for the Highway!!
AyuthayaAyuthaya
Ayuthaya

Ayuthaya - Wat Phra Si Sanphet, one of the oldest temples in Thailand


11th October 2005

starbars!!
ye make Posh n Becks look dire when ye're all glammed up!!!!! xoxo
19th October 2005

petit garcon!!!
You'll always just be a likkle boy eh colly with your tractors even if you try to look all grown up in top photo!!! good luck gemma!!!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb