Given up on the chill of the Pyrenees. Off to the seaside and 10 degrees warmer.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Canet-en-Roussillon
September 11th 2017
Published: September 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

8 degrees in the night. Woke up and dressed with socks on and a suntop for a vest under my the one winter-weight sweatshirt I had with me. Weather undecided. Blue sky and lots of cloud one side, ominous grey the other.

I rechecked the forecast for the coast and concluded that it would stay good there for next 3 days but after that rain likely. Decided to leave today and make the most of the sunshine while it is there. A shame not to explore this area but scootering round when it is cold is no fun at all especially when the forecast showed showers to be very likely.



Quickly packed Tandy up and left. Had already paid for the 2 nights so didn’t bother stopping off at reception, just got on the way.



A dramatic and very scenic drive today through the Pyrenees and along the Tet Valley. Some lovely villages along the way and some Vauban buildings. All worth looking at but no obvious places to stop so we admired them as we drove past and I snapped photos where I could.

We spotted the little yellow train which goes right up the valley connecting all the small towns together and followed its tracks much of the way.



Eventually we descended to ‘ground level’ and drove along the straight and flatter road to Perpignan. By this point the wind had decided to blow and there were a couple of times I offered to help Bob hold the steering wheel steady to stay on the road.



From Perpignan, which we skirted along the side of the river, we took the road to the coast at Canet-Plage. Our campsite is Camping le Bosquet. Quite small and friendly with a nice little pool (unheated but bearable).



We followed the path out of the back of the campsite, along the river, the 450 metres to the sandy beach and queried just how long 450 metres is ! Lovely and enormous beach though a tad windy today. Had a sandy stroll then walked back to the campsite, tested the pool before dinner.



Kisbee already out of the garage and has taken us for an after dinner ride along to the marina where there is a very impressive collection of boats.





Hopeful of sunshine and blue sky tomorrow but dare not hold our breath.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb