Amsterdam to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 28th 2017
Published: September 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

300km/h on Thalys Train300km/h on Thalys Train300km/h on Thalys Train

Onboard monitor shows speed and location. We'll be passing through the same area at a much more sedate pace in a week's time onboard the Elodie barge
A sad farewell to our Dutch hosts and the wonderful city of Amsterdam. A 300km/h train trip to Paris and a rendezvous with our dear friends, Mike and Kerrie Lang.

All went smoothly with our travel, the train trip was very comfortable, passing through Rotterdam, Antwerp, Brussels and on to Gare du Nord in Paris. We arrived at our AirBnB in Boulevard Beaumarchais just after 3.00pm to be met by Mike and Kerrie, wine, cheese and crusty bread. A perfect start to out Paris sojourn!!

We all went for a walk along the Seine and around the Notre Dame Cathedral (a remarkable structure) to work up an appetite for dinner. Paris is markedly different from Amsterdam and we need to make a mental adjustment to accommodate the hustle and bustle of the Parisians.

M&K had a work engagement for dinner so Jenny and I went across the road to a very nice Seafood restaurant. Food and service were excellent. Jenny had finished her Swordfish long before I had gotten through my huge bowl of mussels. The crème brulee flambé was certainly the visual highlight of the meal.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.154s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb