Parisienne Sidewalks


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 13th 2013
Published: August 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.8567, 2.35099

An early start this morning, as we had to drive to Aix-en-Provence to catch the TGV to Paris. The TGV is the French equivalent of the Japanese Bullet Train. Whilst we were waiting at the TGV station, three TGV's went flying through the station. The TGV's were literally a blur as they went through, doing probably 300 klms per hour. Passengers have to stand behind glass barriers at the station until their train arrives. The trip on the TGV to Paris was great. To give an idea of the speed the TGV travels at, it takes six and half hours to drive from Aix to Paris and that is mostly freeway speed of one hundred and thirty klms per hour. It takes just two and a half hours to get to Paris on the TGV.

On a sobre note, there was an announcement that came across the TGV loudspeaker for the passengers to take one minute's silence to remember those who had lost their lives in the train crash in France.

When we reached the TGV Station in Paris, we piled into a taxi and drove to our accommodation. We are well located, being only a short walk from the River Seine and the Louvre Museum.

After settling in to our accommodation, I had a papa nap, and then we headed out for a reconnaissance of the local area. We walked around the outside of the Louvre Museum, walked across a bridge over the Seine River, visited St Eustace Church and then bought some dinner on the way back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.393s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.2124s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb