Sublime Point


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Aups
July 12th 2013
Published: August 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Grand Canyon du VerdonGrand Canyon du VerdonGrand Canyon du Verdon

taken from the road that runs along the cliffs.
Geo: 43.6265, 6.22372

We again had an easy morning, and then headed for Sublime Point lookout, which is located in a deep canyon upstream from the lake into which the Verdon River runs. We took the road that runs along the side of the gorge, with a straight fall of nearly one thousand metres to the river, and only a low rock guard rail. I had the driving duties. We took some photos from the road, and then proceeded to Sublime Point.

After taking photos from Sublime Point, we spied a road winding down to the base of the gorge with a walking track leading off it. We drove down and walked along the track which runs beside the river. After a couple of hundred metres the track led up some metal steps, and then through two abandoned hydro electric water tunnels, having a combined length of nearly 1 kilometre. After walking back to the car, we headed for a swim in Gorge Verdon. After a quick swim, we hired a paddle boat and headed for the gorge to tackle the large waterfall. Due to the cameras being on board, we couldn't run the paddle boat under the waterfall, so Ciara, Chloe, Darrol and myself dived in and swam under the waterfall. The water from the waterfall was cooler than that of the water in the gorge, which was great as it again was a hot sunny day.

After getting back on board the paddle boat, we just had time to make back it back to the hire place. We had a final swim and then headed back to the Hotel again for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb