Paris day 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
April 27th 2016
Published: April 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had crepes for breakfast (Nutella/almond and ham/egg). We then made our way back to the catacombs. We arrived before it opened and the wait was not too bad. The catacombs are in an old limestone quarry far under the city of Paris. We had another tight spiral staircase deep into the ground. There were an unbelievable amount of bones stacked on the sides of the long hallways an amazing and humbling sight. Afterward we made our way to Louxemberg Gardens. The gardens were beautiful with lots of tulips, winding paths, and fountains. The gardens are in front of Louxemberg Palace which houses the Senate in France. From there we headed to the Louvre after stopping for a quick sandwich. The Louvre is HUGE our Paris Pass got us in here too and we skipped the regular line with the pass. We headed straight for the Mona Lisa, she looks just like she does in the pictures just a little smaller than expected. We also saw the Aprodite sculpture, Napolean's apartment, some Egyptian hieroglyphics, and so much more, we only scratched the surface after spending a few hours there. We then made our way across the street to Museo d'Orsay (the museum that turned us away yesterday.) This museum has some very famous van Gogh paintings, as well as Monet, Degas, and many others that I was not to familiar with. We made it through this museum in about an hour. We stopped and had dinner and had some of the main dishes France is famous for: French onion soup, escargot, beef tartare, and of course French fries (pomme frites.) The food was all very good. We went over to a famous Parisian ice cream shop called Berthilliion which gets top reviews and is said to be a must. When we got there it was closed and not reopening until the 30th. So we headed back to our hotel to get our bags and caught an Uber to Orly airport for our flight on vueling to Barcelona. The flight went well and we caught the aerobus to placa Catalunya and had a 7 min walk to our hotel. When we went to check in we were told our reservation did not start until tomorrow. I messed up when booking the hotel. Luckily they had a room for us that is very basic. We change rooms tomorrow, hopefully that room is nicer AND hopefully that is my only screw up! By the way, 35,000 steps today. It's now 2:30am and we're going to bed. Au revoir France, buenas noches España.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb