BLT Day #32: Part 2 of the trip ends and Part 3 begins...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
May 25th 2015
Published: May 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Transition days on vacations are always the hardest. We had never embarked from a river cruise, so we weren't too sure how that would work. However, just like everything else, Viking has it mastered. We didn't have to put our bags out until 45 minutes before we were leaving the ship - quite different from the procedure on large cruise ships. Then all we had to do was walk out to our bus 15 minutes before we were scheduled to leave to make sure our luggage was there, then off the bus went to the airport. Viking even had someone waiting at the airport to make sure we didn't have any problems checking into our flights.

Then our time at the Budapest airport was easy and the flight on Air France went smoothly. When we arrived in Paris, we benefitted from the light traffic resulting from a national holiday. We checked into the beautiful Marriott Champs-Eylsees and spent the time strolling up and down the boulevard like LOTS of other people were doing. We also stumbled into a small bar on a side street where the bartender recommended a small restaurant frequented by locals. Of course, we had escargot which were awesome!

I've been to Paris several times on business, but Bowen has never been here. I'm hoping that over the next few days he will come to love it as much as I do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb