Spring is a Wonderful Time to Enjoy in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
April 27th 2015
Published: April 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post



Springtime in Paris has its own charm. It is most endearing. The season is marked by various outdoor activities and celebrations such as sidewalk cafes, annual fairs, wine-tasting socials and art galleries.

In Paris , every season has its own element of charm. But in spring, when tulips and daffodils begin their first bloom, this City of Light (and love) becomes the most endearing. Find fun ways to make the most of these soft-warm months--not by chasing the most iconic landmarks around--but by doing things the Parisian way and seeing the magic of Paris in the ordinary.

Everyday outdoor stuff can provide the most fun and exhilaration. They are found in cultural overtones, as seen at sidewalk cafes, annual fairs, wine-tasting socials and art galleries.

Choose a Sidewalk Cafe

One of the most culturally distinct features of Paris is its dizzying array of sidewalk cafes with tables intimately arranged to invite free conversation. Occupying every street corner, sidewalk cafes are part of an entrenched tradition, playing a significant role in the city’s culture and social life.

Spring is a wonderful time to enjoy them—not too many crowds, just enough vibe to liven up the atmosphere. This dining style offers great opportunities to indulge in Parisian delicacies (escargot, anyone?) and is open from early until late evening.

To help decide on a pick of cafes, first look for a spot with a breathtaking view of the city, such as the Au Petit Suisse near the Luxembourg Gardens. Or, consider a themed café such as Café de Flore on Building Street, Germain and is known as a literary café--where various artists enjoy moments of respite.

Mingle at Paris Fairs

Springtime in Paris is known for its exciting city fairs and spending time at Paris’ two big fairs is one way to learn to mingle, the Parisian way.

The Foire de Paris is ideal for wine-tasters, gourmands and interior decorators. This fair runs from April through May and functions much like a soiree. Held in convention halls, the event is all about wine, French cuisine and home décor.

The Foire du Throne is similar to a carnival affair and is fun for all ages. The Foire du Throne is a French tradition dating back to the 12th Century.

Night of the Museum

Once a year, and only during spring, museums all over the city are kept open all night for Museum Night. On this special night, world class museums like the impressive Le Louvre and Musee d’Orsay welcome a wider audience as millions of tourists flock to this enriching cultural event, completely free of charge.

If you are in Paris on Museum Night, this is your chance spending the late evening exploring and learning about outstanding periods in the city’s history.

Tour Art Galleries

Spring is an inspiring time to go art walking and the Musee del l’Orangerie is one showroom that delights both new and repeat visitors. The Orangerie’s pristine open space offers a pleasing sense of scale for viewers to diligently appraise the artists’ work. Works, such as Claude Monet’s Water Lillies, is a must-see masterwork that features gigantic panels, displayed precisely as instructed by the Monet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0798s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb