Paris Day 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 24th 2013
Published: June 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our day started out with a delicious quiche from a local street bakery next to our hotel and we were off to the Louve. Our visit included most of the more famous works of art including; Venus de Milo, Athena in the gallery of statues, Winged Victory, Mona Lisa, The Coronation of Napoleon, La Ingres Odalisque, and Michelangelo's two "Slaves." The Louve was huge and could take a few weeks to actually sit and learn about each work of art. We really enjoyed our visit and hope to make it back again.

Next we put our love lock on the bridge next to the Louve with our names and wedding date! Like tradition says, we through the keys in the Seine....There were thousands of other locks on the bridge, a very cool picture.

we visited some other sights in the city and took a tour of Paris from a boat on the Seine, it was truly a breathtaking way to see the city on a beautiful day. We also took a open double decker bus tour throughout the city, ending to have dinner in the Latin quarter. We had a wonderful meal including snails, fois gras, beef bourguignon with french wine. On the way home we were able to see the beautiful Eiffel Tower at night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb