We arrived


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 23rd 2013
Published: June 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Matt and I arrived in Paris this morning around 6:30am...we had two great flights on Iceland air. Ironically yesterday in Iceland they had no darkness, it was a full day of light. So when we took off at 1:00am it was still sunny out. A crazy feeling!

Our plan was to get our bearings in Paris today, learning how to get around the city and know where most places were located. We arrived at our hotel around 7:30AM, ate breakfast at a cafe next to our hotel and immediately went to the Eiffel Tower. We rode the elevator to the top and the views were great, we were amazed how large the tower actually was in person. From there we walked along the Seine river about 3 miles to the Notre Dame Cathedral, this building was breathtaking and the stained glass windows were amazing. We Stopped along the way to check out beautiful artwork, sculptures and to snack. Finally we ended our day walking the Champs Elysees (Paris' 5th Ave) ending at the Arc De Triomphe. We are beat tonight but are so excited for tomorrow!

Advertisement



24th June 2013

Glad to see you arrived & getting a good start to your trip...........So happy you were able to get up the tower. Looking forward to more info and pictures! Mom

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb