Aurvoir paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
October 1st 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today is my beautiful Grandaughter Zoe's 8Th. birthday. Happy Birthday from Paris!

It was also our last day in this beautiful city. What a wonderful adventure it has been! We really have gotten to see the city from so many angles...we have visited all the famous sites several times....day and night...rain and shine!

We have walked the back streets, as well as the grand boulevards. We know our way around by metro...Train.....Taxi....and on foot. We have walked many miles of cobbled streets and filled our eyes with wonder at all the beauty this grand city has to offer. It is amazing to look in any direction and see such amazing architecture....grace and beauty.

I have taken over 1,000 pictures.... To help me keep every moment of the adventure fresh in mind. The wonder of the huge Eiffel Tower...Notre Dame Cathedral...the Gargoyles peering over the edges.... The Grand Arc de Triomphe......Monet's gardens....and the Avenue des Champs- Elyse'es.

To spend one Sunday afternoon in Paris is a joy to behold....The Parisians love their free time...and all seem to come out to picnic along the Seine or walk their dogs...stroll their babies..and drink their wine. There are always street musicians and happy people enjoying the day...cheese markets....fresh baked bread...flower markets and beautiful fruit stands. A feast for both the eyes and belly. Don't come to Paris if you are on a diet! The food iswonderful....the cafe Creme.....hot chocolate.....Creme de caramel.......croissants....and wonderful breads.

I haven't painted as much as I had planned but could go home with all my photos and paint forever...and never leave my studio again. I can' t wait to try. We have filled our eyes, bellies and hearts with all the city of lights had to offer. Hope you have enjoyed it with us. One Final Aurvoir.....Good Night .....and Good bye from Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb