Peter, Rhonda, Dion & Evan's Europe Holiday 2012


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 20th 2012
Published: September 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1




We set off from Canberra bright and early with a 0800 Murray's bus to Sydney Airport. As seems traditional we spent the last few days running around like mad things finishing off work commitments, packing and preparing the guinea pigs and fish for their holidays. One the bus up and in the airport I was still trying to complete a few work matters by email.

At the airport was found the Air New Zealand lounge which is used by V Australia travelers. The flight to Abu Dhabi was 14 hours. Rhonda and Evan got some sleep but Dion and I did not. The seats were not that comfortable or maybe it was just sitting just behind the premium economy seating that made our lot seem a bit austere. The lives were pretty good and kept us occupied.

The stop in Abu Dhabi was fine and fortunately we were able to use the Etihad business class lounge. I enjoyed some Middle Eastern midnight snack and we read the local newspaper.Rhonda was even able to find a family law story. The trip in the Ethihad Airbus was much more comfortable and we all got abuilt more sleep as well as few more movies to view.

Arrival in Paris was fine. Dion was able to spot the Eiffel Tower coming in which we appreciated. We have to wait 3.5 hours for the GTV train to Marseille. (Peter)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb