Rue Montorguiel


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 20th 2012
Published: September 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Elizabeth arrived from U.S. today around 10:00 a.m. After delays, flight changes, and almost missed connections....she was still ready to hit the ground running! We fed her some goodies from the bakeryand coffee ....made her sit and rest awhile and then set out for a walk to the colorful market on Rue Montorgueil is a reminder of the old LesHalles market and is now frequented by locals, tourists and many Paris Chefs.

The lovely cobbled streets,fruit and vegetable stands, bakery's, seafood stalls, butcher shops, and corner cafe's create a riot of colors and smells as you stroll along. The Stohrer, one of the loveliest old-fashioned patisseries in the city, wasfounded in 1730 by a pastry chef who had worked for Louis XV.

After doing a little shopping for scarves and berets we found a corner cafe for lunch and then walked to the Louvre to buy Museum passes for our trip to Versailles tomorrow.We returned to apt. To rest awhile and let Elizabeth unwind.

We decided this evening we needed to go for another light meal and dessert, so we introduced Elizabeth to Croque Madames ( French grilled ham and cheese sandwich..with a fried egg on top). Then we topped off the evening with a Creme de Caramel dessert from our Cafe across the street.

Bonsoir from the MarSon Hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb