Now we're in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
May 13th 2012
Published: May 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The apartment in the Marais is perfect for us. The bedrooms are comfortable, the bathrooms are new and the kitchen is fully equipped. After a quick shower, we headed out for some basic supplies. The Sunday flea market was in full swing; a cross between a giant yard sale and a street festival. Used almost anything, animal skulls, clocks, great cheese, saucisson, fruit, bread and more bread. All the vendors give you tastes and the only problem is one saucisson is better than the other. We returned with basic supplies for breakfast. The kids got up and headed out to the flea market, Jack fell asleep on the coach and I headed off the Musee d’art et d’histoire du Judasime. I figured I was the only one who would want to go, so this was as goo a time as any. It was housed in a beautifully designed home from the 1650’s that had been restored to house this collection. The collection was small. It traced the history of the Jews in France through Dreyfus. Very cerebral and restrained. I was surprised that it skipped the 20th Century, but I guess that is a part of history that most Frence people who prefer to hace swept under the rug. In the bookstore I found an Enblish copy of“Where the Wild Things Are”, which I wish I had bought. On returning home Josh confirmed it was one of his favorite books and I found out that Maurice Sendak died recently. What a loss, he was amazingly creative and all his books were favorites of my kids. Madeline & Jess came back with an assortment of French baby clothes, most for the babies of friends and a couple of onesies for Minibeebs. The clothes are really more sophisticated than US baby clothes without looking like adult clothes scaled down for kids.

We’re all back at the apartment and it’s about 6:30 which means time to plan for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb