Thursday 15th September – Romantic picnic under Tour Effiel


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 15th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So I am sitting here by the Tour Effiel writing today's blog entry after a nice romantic picnic (Yes, it was a nice romantic picnic with my husband and yea, that would be my husband named Steve!).
Today started off with a big sleep in until 9am then a major mission to get some washing done, a lot of smelly clothes and no where to wash them since we have been staying in Hotels. Eventually we found a place and put our washing in the machine then paid the money (3.50 Euro) only to find that the machine was broken, had stolen our money and was not going to do anything... had to go and buy more washing powder where we met a man who realised we didn't speak French and had big chats about where we were from and where he was from (He originally comes from Bangladesh then moved to London and has now ended up in Paris). Back to the laundry place where we stalked a man taking his washing out (because I figured his machine must have worked because he was pulling out wet clothes) and eventually managed to put our washing on. We went and had brunch (we had to place our order with a man who spoke few words of English and 2 dorks who can say 'Merci' and 'Bon jour' but that is our limits!) and it was delicious!
I think by about 2.30 we made it out and went to the shopping mall across the road from our hotel and didn't buy a stinkin' thing... Asians have tiny ankles and skinny feet darn it!
We decided we didn't want to spend all day at our hotel and fluffing around the area (we are staying a wee way out of Paris) so we jumped on the Metro (underground train) and headed to have a nice picnic by the Tour Effiel. We sat by the pond/fountain/thing (Otherwise known as the Jardon du Trocadero) that got me rather wet at the end of the tower and was in the middle of eating when the fountain decided to turn the biggest fount on... that added to the slight wind heading straight for us did not make for a plesant combination while eating my Swiss cheese, avacado and salami baguette! Anyway we had the yummiest chocolate eclairs for dessert and finished off a bottle of French wine too!
Well we are going to head home now since it is late and starting to get cold!
Ai vour (Or however you spell it!)
XX
P.S Another funny moment happened today... watching Steve try and work with a French keyboard... the letters are in a different order... it was quite funny, what normal takes 2 seconds was taking at least a minute!
P.P.S No photos for today sorry!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb