Day 37 - Madrid to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 26th 2016
Published: July 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Another sleep in and then finish packing bags. Out just before our deadline of 1200. Where does the time go. Wander down to the metro, only a 200 metre walk. Ask for a ticket to the airport - lots of hand signals - no english here. Tickets dispensed, then to find our platform. Signs very confusing. Luckily we get an English speaking guy who helps us to the right platform, back up a level and the. To the next station where we connect with the airport train. Very simple really........

Off at out terminal stop and to the departures lounge. Earlier than needed so we find a food place to have some brunch. Realise we have put a bunch of liquids in our hand luggage that won't get thorough security so have to re-pack bags again. Done, and into the queue for check in. Bags under weight and away they go. We do security, forgot to take iPad out so back I go again. Finally in and into the departure area. No gate yet. Big airport with the usual duty free shopping malls. Eventually get gate so go and sit there waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Incoming flight is late, crew waiting, waiting. Get the message....

Plane arrives, takes forever to get people off and then we board. Again takes forever and as we are last someine has decided to spread themselves into our seats. Out..... Settle in, leg room non existent. I mean legs again the back of the seat and every move for the person in front kills. Anyway, we are off. Flight goes well. Arrive late but no problems, that is until we wait for bags. My bag is off, but no sign of Chris's . Oh oh. 1 bag doing laps that is definitely not hers. Find a guy who says he is the man. Looks a bit then we go to his office. To fill in paper work. Says this happens a lot with this airline. Bugger. Anyway, he is confident it is still in Madrid and will be on the next flight arrived at 2230 tonight. Says they will deliver to our apartment. We live in hope.

Get to our bus that will drop us at the Eiffel Tower where our apartment is nearby. This is an exercise in patience that needs no more comment than that. Bus is good and drops us close, but really a taxi ride - which we take. At apartment waiting for contact to let us in. Finally arrive and we are in. Good looking place, lots of restaurants close by so all good. Hunger kicks in now so we go to the nearest place. Food is terrific and first ever doesn't touch the sides, for either of us......

Done now, off to sleep, with one ear waiting hopefully for a phone call saying the bag is outside - hmmm..

Wait for updates, maybe some shopping. Hope not as that bag has souvenirs in it- hard to replace.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.398s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb