Day 29 - Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 24th 2016
Published: May 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last night we went to Lido which is a cabaret show just around the corner from us (it's equivalent to Moulin Rouge). I was only expecting a bit of dancing and maybe a few special tricks... But it was way better than I expected! It was so amazing! It's the best show I've ever seen in my life! We sat downstairs and we paid for a drink of champagne as we could get slightly better seats if we did it that way. Now if you haven't seen Lido and are planning to one day then skip the rest of this paragraph as I'm going to share all the spoilers. When we got in we felt like royalty, the whole room had chandeliers everywhere but when we sat down we were a bit gutted as we were behind this chandelier light, but as soon as the show started the light descended into the wall. That was the first impressive thing, the show then started and told a story throughout the whole performance about a girl starting to embrace the Parisian lifestyle. The dancers were soo good, they were some of the best I've seen, and even though some of them were half naked, they still managed to keep it classy. We kept being surprised by everything that happened in the show, like a woman who could put knives down her throat (that was kind of gross) and then the stage opened up and a large water fountain came up, and later a large chandelier with dancers on it, and then even an ice rink appeared with really amazing ice skaters. There was also a couple that did some kind of gymnastic performance where the girl held up her leg while the guy balanced with one arm on top, they were super strong. The performance had everything you could imagine in it, it was one of the best nights I've had!

This morning we had a sleep in and then finally went to see the Eiffel Tower! It was beautiful! We went right to the top and saw views all over Paris. The lines were crazy, and we spent the majority of the time lining up for everything, but it was worth it. We then tried our first (Nutella) crepe and went for a coffee before coming back to the hotel......well Blair went back to the hotel, I caught up on some much needed shopping, to which I ran out of money and had to go back to the hotel to get some more (oops!). I then found some perfume I wanted so Blair bought me that for my birthday present. It's been such a nice day just walking around, seeing the Eiffel Tower and doing some shopping! We are starting to get hungry now so we're heading out to dinner soon (oh and last night's dinner was amazing..... The best creme brulee I've ever had!). Au Revoir!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb