Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 16th 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a Hop On Hop Off Tour, which took about 2 hours for the “Grand Tour”, which went around similar to the Illuminations Tour, but in daylight (no kidding!), we also saw Notre Dame, which is very impressive!! We stayed on the bus for the whole tour, before disembarking for our “Da Vinci Code Walking Tour at 2pm. We met up with our guide, who was very excited about the “Code”, and many of the paintings when we entered the Louvre to check out the Mona Lisa (when you finally get to see it through all the visitors!), Madonna on the Rocks, and a few others mentioned in the book/ movie. We ended leaving the tour a little early (the guide although lovely, would drive you nuts for longer than a few hours!) as we had our Dinner, Dance, Moulin Rouge!!

The meal before the show was fantastic, and we were well situated within the amphitheatre. It was a three course meal, with bottles of red and white wine on the table and a packed house of course!! The show. Well, the French certainly love their nudity!! The show was great, and picked up some souvenirs (of course!!) during the courses (we were advised to do this as it would understandably get busy post show. The only downside was the creepy guy at the table that would watch your every move, including taking a drink!! Make anyone’s skin crawl…


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb