Another Day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 17th 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last official sightseeing day on our own, as we had a full day booked for tomorrow. We had a bit of a sleep in, and headed for Notre Dame. This was impressive, even with the gargoyles on the side! When we entered, there were heaps of tourists, but in amongst them was actually a mass about to take place!! Don’t know how it’d go with hundred of tourists having a sticky beak around during prayers!

We left Notre Dame and headed for our Seine River Cruise, which Nic slept through most of. Was quite nice looking at Paris from the waterside, especially seeing some of the house boats along the riverside. You also got an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower from the waters edge, it’s bloody huge!! After the cruise, we ventured to the Eiffel Tower. We decided to walk it, be good exercise surely. Yep, 700 steps later and with lactic acid coursing through our bodies, (sure we’d walked off our entire diet through England!) we checked out the top platforms. Yep, it was worth it (just keep saying it) the views were amazing, right around Paris. And we found a couple that had just got engaged!! (No, not another Katie and Tom!) Did the touristy photo and souvenir thing before heading back (crawling more like it!) to the hotel to pack for the final leg (wouldn’t get a lot done tomorrow with a 15 hour tour).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb