Where does the monies disappear to?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 17th 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 5 - Paris is an expensive city to enjoy. We spent most of the day in the Louvre, still not enough time to do this museum justice. At least we did more than the 10 min tourist quickie of the Mona Lisa, Venus di Milo and the Winged Messanger. We spent some time in the scupture rooms, Napoleon's quarters and the upperfloor filled with paintings. I think I'm museumed out after this. We walked through the Luxembourg gardens where a man was performing on a grand piano in a little gazebo. Another set of beautiful gardens, here more shade could be found. We both like the idea of metal chairs being scattered about the grounds for anybody to take and sit on in the park. We also visited the Pantheon where Marie Curie and her husband (amongst many other famous contributers) were buried. They even had a display of their works, they worked on radiation. And the geekiness comes out once more...One notable info-board in the display actually gave the steps on how to produce Radium. Complicated steps with some strange and not so easily attainable ingredients, but it was all laid out there. We headed home, changed into our new shoes and outfits and were off to watch the early show for Moulin Rouge. The cheaper late show would've finished after the metro stopped, and Montmartre was quite confusing to navigate in daylight alone. So we opted not to get ourselves lost in a possibly sketchy neighbourhood and spent the extra 10 € for the early show. The 97€ ticket each was well worth the nearly 2 hours of extravagent, tasteful entertainment. Feathery and rhinstoned costumes, beautiful girls, and even comedy acts throughout the show. Oh and a half bottle of real champagne was included in each ticket. And a nice tidbit- over 200,000 bottles of champagne are opened every year in the Moulin Rouge alone. Anyway we were both giggly by the end of it all. Thank goodness we had the metro to get home.
Au revoir, Angele

Advertisement



24th July 2006

Did you take any pics?
Hey, Did you guys take any pictures of the show? I want to see the costumes. Tell me more, Tell me more. I have seen the movie, how did it compare? and I realize that it isnt actually the movie played out (I am not that challenged), I am just going for a comparison of the singing and theatrics part. Cheers, Cathy

Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb