Bonjour from Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 16th 2012
Published: August 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we made it to Paris.

First impression: not very clean

Second impression: cheaper than Switzerland

Third impression: ornate

So we arrived around 11:30 am by train from Basel. We successfully navigated the subway to our hotel. Then we went in search of an open bus stop.

The open bus tour (bought a 2 day) is great and saves us a lot of time walking. We can get on and off at any of the stops and there are like 4 different circuits. Today we rode the main Paris line.

We went into Notre Dame which was beautiful. We declined the steps up because we had a lot of walking to do still.

Which leads us to Michael's not so stellar sense of direction. We walked a long time to get to boawere paid extra to get on and off like the bus. I would not recommend the boat, it is mostly closed in, very slow, and hot. I also like the bus better because you can plug earbuds into a tour guide.

So we took the said boat to the Eiffel Tower. We didn't go up it. The line was too long and im terrified of heights. We got back onto the bus to go to the Musee d'Orsay. It was supposed to be half-price from 6:30-9:30 pm. We were very late and didn't go.

Instead we ate at a great French restaurant and I got boeuf bourgignon. It was the best meal I've had in Europe thus far. Lunch was great today too.

We decided to take the subway back to the Eiffel tower on the subway(the bus was closed). We wanted to see it lit up at night and it was worth it.

All and all today was a great day. 😊

I think I may need an appointment with the podiatrist when I get back, my foot is killing me.

Ciao,

Kristen


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb