Swiss Days


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne » Rigi Kaltbad
August 15th 2012
Published: August 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Since Monday, we have been very busy. On Monday evening, we saw The Dictator at the Orange Cinema in Musterplatz. Right outside! Kind of cool since we don't have to pay and we even got free ice cream.

On Tuesday, we did so much walking! First, we climbed to the top of the Munster Basel. For someone afraid of heights, it was terrifying. It's very interesting being in a European country that experienced the Reformation. Almost all of the cathedrals here are just museums here because they were unneeded in Protestant Switzerland. One of the churches we went to, St. Elizabeth was actually a storehouse for a long time.

So, we also went to the Paper Museum. Very cool and nerdy. We were able to see how paper is/was made. Then, we saw many of the printing presses and the processes. Basel was basically the printing center of the world. Of course, now it is the pharmeucetical center.

We also took a walking tour of Basel. It was a great way to get to know the city and we were now using the trams like pros.

We were going to participate in a huge swim in the Rhine but we were so tired. If you know me, a lot of sunlight makes me sick. 😊

Today was Wednesday and we went to the Swiss Alps. We took a train from Basel to Lucerne. We went on a boat on Lake Lucerne to Mount Rigi. We took the cogwheel train up the mountain.

We were worried we wouldn't get back in time, so we were back in the city around 6. We ate at Hotel Basel. Meatloaf in Switzerland is not like our meatloaf. I wouldn't recommend it.

Tomorrow, we take the train to Paris until Friday night.

Ciao!

Kristen

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb