WOW! Paris is great


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 11th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sacre Coure at nightSacre Coure at nightSacre Coure at night

sorry spelling may be wrong, but very pretty as sun was setting, great view over rest of Paris aswell
Hi all,

Internet is hard to come by here so I will have to keep this quick. Also keyboard is dodgy so excuse any typos.

Paris is beautiful the buildings are amazing and the food is divine.

We had two days in Paris which is no where near enough time.

Yesterday we went to tyhe Eiffel tower. Went to the second level the view was fantastic. You can see all the cites from there.

We also walked down Champs De Ellysee - great shopping area also end of tour de france. Down to the Ach de Triomphe.

Then on to the Louvre - saw the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo - huge place the building itself is impressive. The detail in all the buildings are quite wonderful. Lots of thought put in to the buildings.

Last night we went to a Cabaret show opposite the Moulin Rouge. Very good - great acts in the middle with juggling and acrobats. Went out for dinner first. Had snails (escargo) as an entre. Very yummy!

Great night gettting to know everyone last night.

Today we went to St Chapel with the best stained glass
View from top of Effiel TowerView from top of Effiel TowerView from top of Effiel Tower

Looking over towards sancre coure
windows ever. A whole room of it. Verry pretty when the sun shines on it. Also went to Notre Dam - again huge and impressive. Didn't meet the hunchback - maybe next time i'm here. In the afternoon we went to a castle that Louis 14 build because the Louvre was too smaill so you can imaging how big it was. We sat in the sun and watched over the gardens. So much to see and so little time.

Everyone on the tour is sgetting along well. There is a mixture of couples and singles, mainly Aussies with a few Kiwis some Americans and candian and Brit.
So much is happening at the moment so I will fill you in on the rest later. Having a great time.

You will be pleased to know that I bought a new camera and am taking lots of photos.

Anyway best go. Off to the south of France tomorrow after checking out the Paris lights tonight.

We are sitting in 30 degree temperatures while eating dinner. All good.

TIme running out better go - fill you all in with more later.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Kat and I on the second levelKat and I on the second level
Kat and I on the second level

We climbed all the stairs up to second level of the Eiffel Tower, the view was amazing


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb