travel day 20: paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 13th 2006
Published: June 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

today was a leisurely super hot day. heard it was 93 degrees. its so fricken hot even at nine am. we started the day off by taking a long bus ride to the piere lachoise cemetary where jim morrison, oscar wilde, and other famous people are buried. that cemetary is huge. you can easily spend all day in it and i wish we could have. i like being among the undead. we witnessed a priest spreading the ashes of someone. oscar wilde's tomb was kewl but sad. people put lipstick kisses all over it and on it was a depressing quote about how the outcasts always moarn and the moaners are always outcasts. so sad. took lots of pictures there. mostly of spooky looking statues. i was surprised with how many jews were buried there. oh yeah. i found jacque louis david's grave. he was a famous french artist around the time of the revolution. i had to write somthing on him in i think tenth grade so that is the only reason why i remember him. afterwards we went to go up on the eifel tower where we had lunch reservations. TIP HERE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO UP THE EIFLE TOWER ESPECIALLY DURING THE SUMMER: make reservations in advanced to eat lunch there at the cheapest restaurant whether you eat there or go to the bar. you get to cut the line and they take you first. it costs the same to do this if you didnt have reservations so if you want, you could be an asshole and just go up for your "reservation" and just be a no show... in any case, the food we got there was good though expensive but how many times is one eating at the eifle tower? saw a man propose to his girlfriend. it was nice. she was crying and everything. after we looked around the eifle tower for a bit taking pictures. great view. oh yeah. there are a ton of gypsy women and kids around the eifle tower, well around most touristy crowded areas. i dont mean to be a bigot or anything but keep an eye out for them. the women all wear long skirts and all of the gysey pickpockets here seem to hold up a cardboard sign and ask you in thick accents if you speak english. get away from them as soon as possible and dont say anything. they went up to us a few times and they spread out from their group. yes i saw they are a group. its quite sad really. i guess since france doesnt have welfare, they just assume let them steal from tourists. okay well anyway, we sat on a bench for a little bit and talked to a canadian woman who was funny and really hated paris. we jokes at how america and canada are few countries that actually give free refills on soda and have air conditioning. i saw something disturbing there. a girl who must have been in sixth or seventh grade was wearing a slutty top and had her belly button pierced. what kind of parent allos their daughter to do that? it was getting late and my dad and i wanted to see the sewers of paris thing so we had to take off. the sewer thing was kewl but dont expect it to smell nice and you really just need half an hour there. we then spent the rest of the day just picking up stuff to eat from leader price which is like their vons. got a baquette, strawberry ice cream, their own brand of diet coke, and a white chocolate bar. i know i shouldnt have ate that but i did.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb