travel day 19: paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 12th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

woke up early today to hit the louvre. we took the bus and used our museum passes to use the ''secret" fast entrance near the cafe there while other people waited in line. we got there at about 8:30 and only had about five people in front of us. we ran like maniacs to see of course, the mona lisa. it was much smaller then i thought it was going to be. i kept going back and forth looking at it thinking "what am i not seeing?". we then went to see the venus de milo. impressive but so many other sculptures were better imo. the louvre is huge. looked and many paintings which were beautiful. not as many jesus paintings as i thought there would be. so hammurabi's code obelisk which i took a picture of. after the louvre, we walked through the gardens. they were pretty nice so we sat there for awhile watching the birds and ducks. havent seen any french squirrels yet. we then went for lunch at a famous place called angelinas. got salad which was basic, a sampler of tiny pasteries which were too dry, and had their hot chocolate which was very good. walked off lunch by going towards the arch triuph sp. saw a few gypsys on the way. we bought some maccaroons from ladurèe. not really maccaroons though but still tasty. we then took the bus to go to napoleon's tomb again so i could see. the pasengers on the bus saw we were confused and helped us. i do have to say that all the french people we spoke to that werent working, we very nice and helpful. napoleon's tomb is well worth a visit to see his to,b and all. nearly everything yet again is only written in french. the liberation exhibition doesnt talk about jews that much which is surprising because my people were the major group. it mostly just talked about french generals and christians that were killed. interesting. they love jerry lewis but dont acknowledge my people much..... stopped at a cafe and got sandwiches and dessert crepes to go. all of it was good. today was a good eating day. the french make good shit to eat.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb