travel day 18: paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 11th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i had a nice day today. we heard on sundays that many things were closed in paris but because sundays are busy days for jews, we went to the marais section of paris which is the jewish and gay area. we waited for a bus which rick steves says runs everyday. well a kind french lady went to us and said it doesnt run on sundays. she told us a bus that does go there so we headed over there. when the bus arrived, we said to the bus driver the name of the section we wanted to go to in french. he just kept nodding his head and said no a lot so we took a cab. we later found out that the bus does take us to that section. the driver was just your sterotype asshole french guy who understands what you are saying but treats you like a piece of shit because he knows you are american and that you dont know french. got dropped off and then we walked around a lot and went to the jewish museum of paris. DONT GO THERE IF YOU CANNOT READ FRENCH! nearly everything there had no english translations. we had the audioguide thing however it only went through a small and uninteresting part of the museum which is a shame because the interesting things seemed to be in french. going there was a waste of time and money. we then went nearby to the picasso museum. honestly, i am not into most art so it didn't appeal to me. i was finished in about 10 minutes. it was lunchtime so we then headed to a famous fallafel place called l'as du fallafel. best fallafel ever! it was packed too. had desserts from a nearby yet again packed, jewish bakery where we were helped by a real bitch there. we had split a little bit of everything. the stuff wasnt great except for this apple thing which was good. there was a bagel place next door called hollywood bagel which is owned by a hasidic jew who seemed very pushy towards people walking nearby. we didnt go in. i just love the name.oh yeah. french men seem very metrosexual or creepy so i dont see the sexiness appeal unless you like that sorta thing. french jews on the other hand, were pretty attractive. french women are usually all skinny and tan. they look okay to beautiful untill they reach 30. this is most likely due to all the smoking which ages you. anyways, afterwards we took a taxi back and the jerk ran the meter while we were looking for money to pay him..... went to the apartment to shower and nap. my family went out to see napoleon's tomb and to bring crepes back in. the crepes were good and tasted similar to my mom's crepes.

Advertisement



16th June 2006

you bitch
I just got back from 2 weeks in France. I didn't meet a single rude person. Maybe it's YOUR problem. Work on your personality, you little bitch.
16th June 2006

that is too bad
can i have the link to your blog so i can leave you nice comments too?

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb