Sanantone in Paris.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 18th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had 4 days in Paris staying at Rochester Champs Elysee, very nice & very close to Arc D' Triomphe.Paris is a very pretty city but the Metro is seriously scary if you're unsure of which train to get & where to go.The hop on hop off bus is really useful for giving an idea of where things are & how to get there.Paris was crowded as it was peak summer holidays so queues were long but the Eiffel Tower queue moved along quickly as we went near dusk to see it lit up. very impressive!!! Moulin Rouge was really good & there is a terriffic cafe in the street round to the right behind the theatre up the top of the hill & to the left.Lovely steak & very reasonably priced as Paris is very expensive.We went over on the Eurostar from Ebssfleet, took 2 hours & was very pleasant till we got to Gard de Nord in Paris which was very confronting. Signage in english would have helped, everywhere we've been in s.e asia has signs in the local language & english which is very good especially in Thailand.The weather was nice for the 4 days we were there & it was a shock to get back to a cool & damp England.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb