The sights of Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 14th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There wasn't as much to see in Paris compared to New York so our week wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. Over that one week we went to the Eiffel Tower which wasn't as tall as I thought it would be. It wasn't as busy as i thought it would be either. We went right up to the top to see the view. When we got to the top all you could see were white buildings that went out for as far as you could see. There was also a river going past the Eiffel Tower that had so many different bridges going over it.

We also went to the Notre Dame which is a huge church which was so detailed and took centuries to build. We went into a little side part that you had to pay for which had some robes of some Priests and some other things Priests have used in the past. It also had all the Bishops there have ever been which was quite a lot. Another thing we did was go up the Arc de Triumph which I never released you could actually do I always thought you just went under it. That had a good view of the Eiffel Tower and also Paris.

We also went up Montmartre hill which was also known to have a good view of Paris although a lot was blocked out by trees on the hill. There was also a church at the very top which we went allowed in to because they had certain regulations. We went to the Pompidou which is a museum that is famous for its building being inside out so you can see all the pipes and things you wouldn't usually see on the outside. We didn't go inside the museum we just had a look at the outside.

A museum we did go into was the Louvre which is famous for the Mona Lisa, the Wedding at Cana which is a huge painting, Venus Demilo, the mid evil Moat, the Winged Victory of Samothrace and the Sphinx which we all went to. The Louvre used to be an old castle so they have kept some rooms from it. The rooms were absalutly amazing, they were so cool. There were also so many chandeliers, everywhere you looked you could see one. The Louvre is massive and we read somwhere it would take nine months to look at every single piece of art in the Louvre.

We also went on a boat cruise that went past some famous things in Paris. On the cruise we went past the smallest apartment in Paris and a bridge which was covered in locks. One night we went to a show called Lido which was interesting. The costumes were really cool and there were so many of them. Mum said in total there would have been about 600 costumes for one show. While the dancers were preparing for the next sence they had some people doing things like iceskating, juggler and a comidian who was really funny.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb