The champagne capital, Epernay


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Epernay
May 15th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After Paris we took a train to a little town called Epernay known for it's champagne. We were only there for one night. The only reason for going to Epernay was to go on a tour underground of all the wine cellars which was actually really interesting. We arrived in Epernay around late afternoon. Once we had settled in to our hotel room which happened to be really nice apart from the low roof we went for a look around the town and had a drink before tea.

The next day we got up early to go to our champagne tour which was in English. While on the tour we learnt about the family history of Moet & Chandon and watched a little video about Champagne then we went underground to the wine cellar which ran for 28 kilometres. There were thousands of bottles in one little section so there would have been millions of bottles in the cellar. A lot of the bottles were covered in dust because they would have been there for years. After the tour we went into a room where you were able to try a glass of champagne. Once mum and dad had finished there glass we went back upstairs. On the way up we pasted some massive bottles of champagne.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb