Farewell to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 21st 2008
Published: September 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Cruising the SeineCruising the SeineCruising the Seine

Waiting for the Batobus at Musee D'Orsay
Hello again,

Unfortunately we had reached the last full day in Paris. The days went by so quickly as there was so much to do & so little time to do it but we gave it a fair crack. No doubt we had an action packed week but there was also time for resting & enjoying the relaxation.
After the magnificence of the Eiffel Tower light show we had a slow morning Friday which included keeping tabs on the Cats v Dogs game. Thanks to all of you who texted me scores & info relevant to the game. It was funny to be cruising down the Seine several hours after the match & still getting messages from my "Cats Homies". Thanks & much appreciated.
We headed down to Bvd Haussman for an afternoon of shopping. There's a huge complex there called Galeries Lafayette - sort of like a Westfield but with 4 floors full of fashion, trendy book shops & hardly any food places for a change. We caught the Batobus back home from Musee D'Orsay after the shopping & prepped ourselves for a dinner at a fully fledged Parisian / French Restaurant. We went to a place called Les
Champ ElyseesChamp ElyseesChamp Elysees

H standing in the middle of the road to take this & looking up towards the Arc De Triumph
Artisans & it was fantastic. The menu was all in French so we had some fun trying to find words in our French book so we could know what we were going to eat. After a little while the waiter came over & had an all English menu for us but we almost had it done. Good fun though !! H & I stuck with tradition & had Escargots ( Snails ) for Entree & they were great. I had them years ago & remember them being nice & once again they were. Delivered on a small circular dish in their shells in a nice garlic / pesto sauce. We waited for once of us to have a "Pretty Woman" moment but we survived. The kids loved their meals & Ains especially liked her massive plate of mussles. We all enjoyed desert - a fudgy chocolate pudding with custard and creme brulee for H.
Home after a nice dessert & pack for our flight to London the next morning.
PS. Ains and I submitted a photo from Paris Disneyland to the Geelong Advertiser, showing our support for the Cats - you can take a look on the website under Cats fans abroad section!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.017s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb