Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=i3GZ4VPEOjk][youtube=OLTv-SeQNcQ]
Sacre CoeurSacre CoeurSacre Coeur

The Church of the Sacred Heart. Set up high on a hill near the 'artists quarter', was amazing inside and out, and had excellent views over the East side of the city.
Ah! Gay Pareee 😊

Met up with Mick (the legend) Hutton on Sunday night, and went back to drop our bags at his (very cool) apartment. Had dinner at a nice restaurant down the road and then chatted 'til pretty late into the night.

Monday was a public holiday in Paris, so we got to spend it with Mick, which was great. Wondered around a few of the old precincts, and checked out a couple of th big Cathedrals whilst stopping regularly at cafes, bakeries and restaurants to sample the cuisine and drinks.

Spent late arvos 'til early morning at a place Mick goes to regularly, and had a great time with him and his friend Angie.

Yesterday we did the 'tourist traps' - Arc de Triumph, Champs Elysee and the Eiffel Tower. Got home a bit footsore and then had another nice dinner with Mick.

Today we've ended up starting late, making a few phone calls home etc. So instead of going to the Louvre museum first, we're going directly to pick up our car, which we're travelling around in for the next 23 days. Heading towards Switzerland this afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Moulin RougeThe Moulin Rouge
The Moulin Rouge

We were going to go for a show, but there was only 'standing room' tickets available for the 11pm show, so we gave it a miss (especially at $150 bucks a ticket for standing room!)
PompidouPompidou
Pompidou

The pompidou centre - awesome architecture.
Un cafe?Un cafe?
Un cafe?

Had a ripper night out with Michael and his friend Angie.
The long walk homeThe long walk home
The long walk home

French white wine is good!.......
Halfway upHalfway up
Halfway up

The top level was chocka's, so we had to settle for a trip halfway up the Eiffel tower.


Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb