Paris with Ghislain, part 2


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 28th 2003
Published: June 28th 2003
Edit Blog Post

nightnightnight

Eiffel Tower at night
Started the morning with a delicious pan au chocolate. Ghislain and i headed out to the Champs Elysees (spelled right this time). Took lots of photos at the Arc de Triomphe, and watched the crazy traffic circling it. Then we walked down the Champs Elysees, cheching out stores and stuff. I saw a McLaren Mercedes F1 mad cool. Grabbing baguettes (even a simple cheese and tomato w/butter is good, and the butter wasn't greasy... much better than the British equivalent.) we headed to the Louve.

We met up with my cousin Betsy and her posse for half and hour to visit and watch her friends float their sneakers in the fountains. The louve is HUGE. So Ghislain and i went to the Northern European paintings. Wow. Once you get into the late 15th and 16th centuries when artists discovered that you can paint more than just Jesus, the paintings are fantastic. I remember how beautiful a simple still life can be. I checked out the basement with old stone columns from the orginal building from 1000 years ago.

All museumed out, we headed back to Ghislain's to chill out and have an early dinner. Buying dinner was fun, we went to a fruit store to get melons, stawberries. Then we went and got REAL brie and goat cheese, a baguette and cured ham. What an awesome dinner!

After some more relaxing, and watching the sun set, it was photography time. We went to the Eiffel Tower and spent a long while shooting from various angles, both durring and between the light shows. After shooting we grabbed drinks at a cafe, a nice end to a long fun day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb