Out with Ghislain


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 27th 2003
Published: June 27th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Today Ghislain and i headed out so i could see Paris. Since we couldn't get in yesterday, we went into Notre Dame today. Churches arent usually m thing, but this one was gorgeous , with amazing stained glass. We took a long walk past the Louve (we are going tomorow) and down towads the chant de lisse (i know that is spelled wrong). We ate lunch at a great cafe in the neighborhood where Ghislain used to work. We explored a historically jewish neighborhood on the way to the Jewish museum. The museum was set up well, focusing on Western and Central European Jews as well as contrasting Ashkanazi to Shephardic judaica. After that we saw a small exhibit on the Tour de France.
We met up with Ghislain's girlfriend, who is really lovely and nice, to go to a Jacques Henri Lartigue photo exhibit at Centre Pompidou. Lots of beautiful shots of people frozen in time, usually in mid air. The exhibit was huge, and i enjoyed it a great deal.
For dinner we went to one of their favorate resturants, a jewish place. I had the most delicious herring salad, it almost had the consitancy of whitefish salad, but smoother than that even.
what a great but full day!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb