European Road trip


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Reims
September 29th 2016
Published: September 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 4: Reims

The day was spent sight seeing which is a rarity for me. I usually drive and drive..

Found a Car Museum and of course there's the Cathedral

There's also a historic racing circuit here which I didn't find out about until later in the day. Apparently the grandstands and pit garages are standing as they were left. So another trip....

Photographs today are all about the car museum and the Cathedral.

The car museum is small but worth the 9 euros to have a look. The collection varies from very early autocar manufacture to 80s Porsches. The display is a mixture of "barn finds" Part restorations complete restorations and every day used vehicles.

Also included in the display is a large room full of toy cars and model cars from all eras. All in all a good collection and worth the hour or two to meander.

A short drive into Reims itself. I parked in the Cathedral underground carpark. Easy to find easy access reasonable rates.... 3 Euros for 2hours parking in the middle of the city? Excellent value completely secure and right in the middle of the City. England could learn from the French!

The Cathedral is undergoing an extensive external restoration and part of the insides are being cleaned and renovated too.

The outdoor restaurant area is pleasant and staff were friendly. No language problems here.

Actually there are no language problems at all up to now. My school French is not required thank goodness.

Also found a quiet garden near the museum of art and saw these flowers.



Numbers:

From Dieppe: Start trip meter 445 miles

In Reims after short drive in the city: 677miles

The misfire or more correctly the backfire on the car was worse today so had to have a proper look and discovered the rotor arm is badly worn and is quite loose in the distributor

Its relatively new so I don't have a spare with me. I hope it stays together. I tightened it a bit by stretching the spring clip inside.

I'll be looking for a car parts store in Mullhouse.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb