Taittinger Tour and Lunch at Le Jardin


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Reims
July 17th 2018
Published: July 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

This morning we are booked into the tour of Taittinger at 11:15am so we all had breakfast together and then spent time getting 5 girls showered and dressed - which is challenging as there is only 1 shower in the apartment. There is a bath with a hand held shower head but the bathroom is the walkway to the bedroom Peri, Sue and Lou are in so that is also interesting!

We knew it was about a 30 minute walk so we set off with plenty of time to spare so we could take in the sights along the way. We arrived in time - to find out Janine had booked us on the French speaking tour haha. We were able to rescedule to the 11:45 English speaking tour but we were also aware that would make getting to our lunch destination in time for our 1pm booking a bit of a challenge. The lady at Taittinger said she would call the restaurant and let them know we might be a bit late. The tour of "the caves" was amazing! So much history in this building and we all loved hearing and learning about the process of Champagne making. So much of the process is still manual so you can understand why it costs so much more than wine. At the end of the tour we then had our champagne tasting. So fabulous!

Then we were off to find our lunch venue - Le Jardín. This restaurant is in the gardens of Le Creyers - which is a 3 star Michelin restaurant. We got slightly lost along the way and there was a bit of back tracking required but we eventually arrived and wow - what a beautiful place! We first walked past the main building and into the grounds behind it. I think we actually arrived via the back entrance which required us to walk through the garden to enter - here come the Aussies! We had a lovely table under an umbrella which turns out was there not so much to protect from the sun, but to also stop all the flowers/pollen/leaves from the trees above falling into our food!

We all agreed to choose the 3 course set menu, which gave us choices for each course and cost €31 (extremely reasonable). Magnifique! We paired our meal with a bottle of Pommery as we were across the road from this amazing champagne house. We spent many wonderful hours at this beautiful place, enjoying the food and company.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 57; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb