Good to be back in France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre
May 17th 2015
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.4029, 0.779408

We spent Friday night pitched on Camping Les Pommiers which is a municipal site just minutes after disembarking at Ouistreham. It was not somewhere we would spend many nights but more than adequate under the circumstances and we soon dropped off to sleep.

Yesterday morning (Saturday) we set off for our next destination, Camping Les Acacias, at La Ville-aux-Dames just outside Tours on the Loire. Again, not the best site we have stayed on but the allocated pitch is fairly flat, requiring little levelling, and the loo/shower block very clean, modern, hot showers, so all-in-all not too bad as a stopover. What more would we want? There is a long distance cycle route across the road which would be worth exploring another time.

We had our first of many croissants this morning for breakfast. They just don't taste the same back home!

We decided to drive along to see the town of Tours (or is it a city?) while we are here and being a Sunday there was a pleasant family atmosphere. Parking was free along the river and a short walk took us to the bustling Place Plumereau - a square surrounded by old, picturesque buildings, many of which are cafes, restaurants and shops (restricted to shopping of the window variety today). After a meander around the side streets, we returned to one of the outdoor tables for a light lunch of salad and crepes with a bottle of bubbly Vouvray since it is a local wine (on the opposite bank of the river). A four-piece band struck up to entertain us for a while which added to the ambience. Yummy food and another good reason to return to France.

The weather has been sunny and warm today so plenty of sitting outdoors. Chatted to several Brits including one couple from Burntwood!

Starting to chill out now, David especially given that this morning he left the caravan without any money, cards, camera or sunglasses.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lunch French-styleLunch French-style
Lunch French-style

Enjoying a nice glass of Vouvray


18th May 2015

Hello bothShowed mum the photo yesterday.Alix

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb