Mini-break Hampshire, then France


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire » Wickham
May 15th 2015
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Au revoir, MumAu revoir, MumAu revoir, Mum

(L to R) me, mum and Irene
Geo: 50.8993, -1.18827

Although I had been planning and researching for this trip over the winter we took the plunge and booked a one-way ferry, insurance, euros, pre-ferry site and first two on the other side just last Thursday. A busy few days followed and we pulled off the drive after lunch on Tuesday with all the usual panics about things left undone or possibly not packed haunting me en-route but these things disappeared as we checked into the oasis that is the peaceful, wooded Caravan Club site - Rookesbury Park, near Wickham.

We have stayed here before as not only is it near to Portsmouth for ferries (15 minutes on a good day) but our daughter and husband live nearby too. This has worked to their advantage since I have prepared meals for them as they came in from work for three evenings, then on Wednesday we house-sat whilst a log-burner was fitted in the lounge. Their Springer, Laila, was glad of the company too. It has been good to catch up with them before they too jet off to Spain for a well-earned holiday later today - we don't see each other as much as we would like.

Coincidently, my mum is staying at Hayling Island with a holiday group from our home town this week, so yesterday it was bizarre to be saying farewell to her as well. The weather was atrocious with rain off and on throughout the day, so we joined her and friends in the 'ballroom' for drinks whilst watching the afternoon entertainment. We even spoke with others we knew who were surprised to see us and interested to hear about our impending holiday. Funny old world!

Anyway, sailing day has arrived and sunshine returned which will make packing up easier for our afternoon departure getting us into Ouistreham at 9.30pm local time, but with our first site a mile away it should be straightforward and hassle free. Fingers crossed for a smooth crossing.

Advertisement



15th May 2015

Have a great time Lyn and David
15th May 2015

Have a lovely time... Will look forward to you updates xx
16th May 2015

Wishing you safe and happy travels!
17th May 2015

Have fun, stay safe and give us three rings when you get there, don't speak to strangers, play with the gas and put your sun cream on! :p xxx

Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.071s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb