A glass of wine anyone?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
April 21st 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our hotel in JuraOur hotel in JuraOur hotel in Jura

It's something very calming over cows. I know, we're suckers for the countryside...
Tuesday 21 April

Jura, which MiL tipped us about, turned out to be a wine district and a very rural place as well. Lots and lots of small villages in the countryside and we found a lovely hotel with a touch of luxury over it, compared to our normal standards. We started the evening at the local winemaker, tasted their wine, and bought a package of their Brut Cremantes.

The sun was all over the place and it turned out that our room had direct access to the pool. Great! We swam for half an hour, together with a really cool German woman, and learned a lot of what to see in Europe. She seemed to do nothing than tour the continent with her husband in their Porsche convertible.

K put on her best clothes that evening and we went for the three course dinner at the on site restaurant. Everything was fancy and expensive with local wines and a special wine-guy and everything…. But the food!? Nah, we’ve had a lot better meals! But the friendly staff did our stay enjoyable after all. In spite of their WiFi, which didn’t work! Grrr…

That’s the reason this
The wine makerThe wine makerThe wine maker

Tasting all the wines.... It's hard decisions you have to make on a vacation in a wine district! And where to put the bottles in the car?
blog is published a bit late….

Today’s breakfast was a nice one with nice company as well. We sat with the German couple we met in the pool and took notes about everything that was worth seeing on our way home. We got a tip of a great wine village and a winemaker with “chamber de hotes” for next night’s stay.

We took a walk in the neighborhood and said hallo to both cows and donkeys before we took off towards the next wine district, The Alsace area on the French side of the River Rhein. Is our car capable of carrying more bottles…? Let’s try!

/J



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Hallo there friends!Hallo there friends!
Hallo there friends!

Wants some fancy food? Like in the restaurant?
Waiting for the grapes again...Waiting for the grapes again...
Waiting for the grapes again...

The hotel in the background
Dear Mother!Dear Mother!
Dear Mother!

If I won't be able to pick them in Sweden when Mothers Day is due, please enjoy these, mum!


23rd April 2009

A glass of wine, thanks!
What a fantastic place with pool, donkeys and cows. And thanks for the flowers to the Mother´s day! K, we see that you can keep a spoon and a lamp in the same time in your wright hand in picture nr 5. Well done! Still nice to read your blogg. Yesterday we also read a nice article about you, Josh, in DN. Hugs from Dkr m + p
23rd April 2009

Absolutely m and p!
Your glasses of wine are coming up. Any week now! Yeah, K is skilled! /J
23rd April 2009

And a porsche 2 go..
I'd also like to do nothing else than to tour the continent with the wife in a porsche convertible. If it comes to that, I can settle for an aston or ferrari. Hell, might even be totally awesome in an audi cab =)

Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0934s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb