Goodbye Bonson


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Grenoble
April 19th 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 19 April

Today we said goodbye to Bonson. And Sixten. And Nathalie, who gave us a special present with candles which got a certain scent, so “we always would remember her”, and even the grumpy old man with the “rabbit farm” stood there on the parking lot and talked a lot which we couldn’t understand and waved at us when we left! K had tears in her eyes: “I love this place!” It’s hard to understand that in a couple of weeks another couple would be staying in the tower: “In our house!”

We drove north on the 202, waved goodbye again when we passed Bonson by Plan du Var, and got to see the famous medieval village Entrevaux with its extraordinary citadel on the top of a mountain. Then we drove for about 4 hours, which took us nearly to Grenoble. A fantastic and scenic route on which we drove with an average speed of about 50 km/hour!

We had spotted a place on the net just south of Grenoble and had also mailed the owner, an English speaking person indeed, he had stayed in the US for several years. The place is called Chateau de Bardonenche and is from the 16th century. Since 8 years this French/American guy runs it, and the place was like a total mess on the outside, and on the inside as well… But the room looked nice and the bathrooms were newly renovated, we got to choose betweens his rooms, since we are the only guests, we chose the less eccentric decorated… But best of all, we were greeted by a 12 years old white Labrador retriever! You couldn’t feel more at home!

The village, Monestiere-de-Clermont, is on the down side and everything was closed this Sunday night. Except the pizza van on the parking lot with two lovely girls baking great pizzas for us and the rest of the hungry villagers.

Interested in a very special place? Check out www.bardonenche.com

Tomorrow we are heading for the Jura district, which MiL tipped us about, just south of Dijon. Mustard anyone?

/J







Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Towards GrenobleTowards Grenoble
Towards Grenoble

An hour of dramatic roads ahead of us
EntrevauxEntrevaux
Entrevaux

With its famous citadell on top of the village
EntrevauxEntrevaux
Entrevaux

Both a mountain, a wall and water to protect themselves
Soon to be wine...Soon to be wine...
Soon to be wine...

We're heading for the wine districts in France
Bienvenue!Bienvenue!
Bienvenue!

So far so good...
Good morning the queen of the castle!Good morning the queen of the castle!
Good morning the queen of the castle!

Yes, of course we and the owner were the only ones sleeping in the castle that night
As alwasy a church as the nearest neigbourAs alwasy a church as the nearest neigbour
As alwasy a church as the nearest neigbour

Telling the time every hour. You got used to it!
Monestiere-de-ClermontMonestiere-de-Clermont
Monestiere-de-Clermont

A mountain where ever you look


23rd April 2009

Sweet!
Looks almost like Moulinsart!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb