La Tour (D'Argent) Dijon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Good morning all!!

Sorry we have not been in touch but we have been without consistent internet service and are without a camera. Today is Friday, July 25 and we are presently in Dijon, France, a "launching pad" to Paris in the morning.

Kathy had just had her second tour of the Dijon Police station. While getting passes on the tram in Nice to go to the train station, two girls asked Kathy for assistance. Apparently, her experience in the criminal mind did not help and she was relieved of her passport, driver's license, $300 in American cash (wait to they see how little this is worth), $300 in euro travelers' checks, two credits cards, her health insurance card, and $20 in euros. In order to get a temporary passport to return home, Kathy must have a police report. Robert and Kathy headed out first thing this a.m. to the police station. Well, the most brusque, unhelpful, condescending police woman essentially "shooed" us away from the station. We returned to the hotel and asked where we could find someone to help us translate (Sarai not being available to us at this time). Fortunately, one of the staff speaks English and he would return with us to the station. Upon our return, the same brusque, unhelpful, condescending police woman was more than accomodating and it took 5 minutes to get a 2 line report on the loss of Kathy's passport. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Advertisement



26th July 2008

it was great to talk to you this morning! very exciting for me, i never talked to anyone in paris before. sorry to hear about your getting robbed, but at least you got a memorable experience! have a great week!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb