Turning on the lights


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

MonacosMonacosMonacos

Esther, Kesley and Paige

Turning on the Lights


Well this week has been an eventful one, which comes as a shock to me as from the outlook I thought it was going to be a borning one wiht nothing happening. Monday and Tuesday were normal enough day, had a surprise essay in one class and then spent hours on skype chatting to Megan as well as mum and dad. Wednesday night was my beckon as we'd organised a girls night of pizza and drinks with movies! Margaux, Tara, Kelsey, Paige and I ended up eating sans esther as she was sick and couldnt stop vomiting?! But after a day of rest she was all better 😊 Then Thursday night there was a small party at Gallways which I was contemplating going to with some of the girls when I got invited out to Ayperi's 24th birthday dinner at Bento's, its this amazing restaurant which does Japanese and French fusion food, really interesting, but I just got a general sushi plate, mum you'll be proud I ate sushi, sashimi and california rolls.. and like them! There was a big group of us, around 15 and we were sooo noisy but Ayperi really liked it and then some of us continued on the night to Gallways!
Friday night was killer night for everyone, we watched the WEI video before heading off to Open Bar, a once a semester event in which everyone drinks ridiculously copious amounts of alcohol and then gets bussed back home at 5am! My night wasnt that long though as one of my friends (ill keep you unnamed!) was a lil drunk and needed some help getting home! Her sister had a wonderful phone call with her though ; )
Saturday everyone was i need of hangover help so Paige adn Kelsey had a fry up chez lui and after sitting around we decided to make a move into the city for Monaco's and cake... hmmm
Saturday the 1st was a big day in Dijon as the lights where turned on finally they've been putting them up since the end of October so it was agony waiting to see them on. Another exciting thing which Dec the 1st brings is the opening of the outdoor ice rink as well as the start of the christmas market! Both are amazing and now we can get vin chaud (hot wine with cinnamon, soooo goood!). The ice rink is open everyday and is only 1 euro for entry as well as skates! Unfortunately the rink is TINY.. maybe 25metres.. sigh but Im sure im going to make the most use of it.
Saturday night me Kels Paige and Esther went to Havanas for dinner as none of us could be bothered cooking and passed many hours sitting and chatting (we really are becoming french!).
Sunday me and Esther tested out the ice rink in the morning and then wandered over to the christmas markets were we caught up with paige and kels and spent the arvo wandering around and then hiding in Grande Cafe as it was raingin. the weather over here is really starting to get terrible and all sunday arvo and night it was squally. Eugh!
I can't believe how much I've been eating out this week, its crazy and all of them are impromptu decisions! Sunday night was the last ngiht of the week adn what a way to cap it all off than by eating out, again lol! This time is was with Daniel one of the German guys, we went to Emile Brochette, awsum place that serves all its meat on a stick.. interesting concept but it was sooo tasty so im not complaining!
And that in summation was my week, Ohh! I nearly forgot, I bought a mini christmas tree adn trimmings for my flat and its defiantely starting to feel festive! Chirstmas in the cold is sooo exciting!!! Anyways ill put some photos up in a day or too with this.
Gros bisous a tout!
xoxoxoxox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb